Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

Post by Harlem on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:52 pm


Harlem had been walking for a while, and needless to say the thin female was not happy. Her legs were aching from standing up on them for this long but she knew better than to stop now. She had come so far and was too stubborn to give up, she'd keep walking until she found at least something.

The thing about Harlem, was she had a very fierce determination. Even now when she had not a clue as to where she was heading she was dead-set on getting there. This determination was one of the many traits that made Harlem who she was of course. She couldn't change it like she couldn't change the fact she is practically drowning in vanity. Or that she had a temper like no other young elegant female like herself.

Which, once she got down to it this was one of her best traits. Because now she could see the outline of a male whom was much larger than herself (which this of course means she found the something). Of course a lot of wolves are larger then Harlem is, as she is a small female. Despite her light weight and smaller figure though the brown canine was fearless among other things. She had no issues trotting quite happily to this male despite everything she knew could be dangerous. She could hear her mother now scolding her for walking with such pride and importance in her step in what could possibly by another wolf's territory. Harlem was just used to living a life style of high self-worth and importance, and she showed that obviously in her steps. Her head was held high as was her tail. Her paws picking up slightly higher and giving her step a slight bounce though she still stayed graceful, as her family name was Grace and she planned to uphold that and do it justice. That is until some dashingly handsome male is lucky enough to gain her hand in marriage.

As she grew closer to this large male, she made sure to give him a quick glance and nod, unsure exactly if he was just standing waiting for something or someone or if this was actually his territory. Either way Harlem was prideful and was sure to keep in step as she began to get quite close. "Good day sir" she said kindly, a slight smile gracing her face, though she was unsure if the male would reply or even pay notice to her as she slowed to almost a stop right near him.
avatar
Harlem

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

Post by Oromidail on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:39 pm

"Good day sir"

Bjorn had been watching this wolf from a distance, taking note of her body language, trying to discern whether she was a kind traveler, or a dangerous rogue. When she approached, she seemed calm enough, even kindly noting his prescence. He slowly rose to his paws, stretching his legs before him, a few cracks and pops could be heard as bones readjusted. He had been sitting for quite some time. He nodded to the stranger in return. "A good day indeed. Welcome to the lands of The Glade, traveler." he replied. "If you are here to join, then I am the wolf to speak to. If you do not intend to join our ranks, then you can turn and go back, leaving these lands. If you do plan to join us, however, that can be arranged.." He noted, wasting no time with small talk. He got right to his duty as the watcher of the gates. "But first, you seem weary. There is a river to the west, I advise you head there to get a drink and perhaps cool off. Near the river is a field where you will find plentiful rabbits. Help yourself to them, as many as you need. When you are done, bring me back one as well." He finished, slowly sitting himself back down.
avatar
Oromidail
Admin

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-06-28
Age : 20
Location : Working around the site

View user profile http://the-glade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

Post by Harlem on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:25 pm

Harlem tossed her head to the side, just slightly tilting it. She'd never heard of The Glade before and she wondered if she was missing out on something. It should be well known that Harlem hates to miss out on things, she has to stay up to date of course. However Harlem was a bright young lady and she knew how to use context clues. To her it was obvious at this point that The Glade was so sort of group, pack even. The thought to ask questions was just brief and didn't stay for long. Curiosity was a natural thing that occurred to mostly everyone, though hunger and thirst were a possibly stronger urge. The mention of water and food thrilled the female, and she even smiled even brighter.

Still gleaming at the mention of food the thing female gave almost a little bounce of joy. "Thank you sir!" She almost cringed at how ungraceful she sounded. Her voice got to an awkwardly higher pitch at one moment and she spoke far too fast. She had to remember to keep herself collected no matter how excitable something was. "I'll be back shortly." Satisfied with how well she had collected herself she straightened up again, dipping her head one more time to the male. She would have done whats polite and gave him her name, though she figured it would be maybe a bit awkward unless she did join The Glade.

Questions were still buzzing like bees in her head, but she was a woman of business. She could ask questions once she's done what she needs to. Being young Harlem has a good memory. Even in her rush of excitement and eagerness she remembered him saying the river was to the west. She just assumed direct instructions were insignificant, she would just keep west until she came across a river. Which it turns out doesn't take long.

She was walking for what can be considered a short moment before she could see the river stretched out a few feet in front of her. The currents didn't seem to bad and the water looks fresh and clean, as is most river water. She remembered her mom telling her when she was just a pup about why river water was the purest to drink from, but that is a unimportant detail. Scattered thinking was another one of Harlem's flaws.

Hesitation was at an absence as the female rushed over, her paws moving quickly and stopping just the same as she reached the edge. She was always so careful and that did not abandon her now as she managed to keep balance as to not fall into the river. Even though grace was such an important part to Harlem, thirst was more powerful. It didn't take long before she was lapping viciously at the water as it moved forward. Once she was quenched she sat for a brief moment, recalling back to what the male had said. She needed to catch rabbits. Fill herself up then give one two him. Luckily because she doesn't eat much she figured she would be full after maybe 3 rabbits. Also lucky, she was quite the hunter.

She sat for only a moment longer before it was decided that she should be doing something more productive. She tracked and killed the first one no problem. Ate it just as quickly, leaving the white furs around her mouth slightly red and pink from blood. They second two rabbits she killed were a bit more tricky, but she caught them fine. Once she had gotten the last rabbit between her jaws by it's throat it was tempting to eat it though she was full. At the same time it was still quite easy to resist her urges.

Walking back to the male who'd first directed her she dropped the plump rabbit by his paws. "Good?" She asked, her head returning to a slight tilt again. Now she figured was a time for questions. "So... whats The Glade anyways? A group, correct?" She returned her head to the proper position and sat, unsure of how long she would be there.
OOC// I've no idea why my post came out so long
avatar
Harlem

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

Post by Oromidail on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:35 pm

"Thank you sir! I'll be back shortly."

Bjorn nodded in reply to her, watching as she strode off to work on the task he had given her. He could not help but wonder what tasks this female may be talented at. What new skills and benefits could she bring to the pack, if she decided to join them? It was fun for him to ponder these things as he patiently waited for her to return.

It didn't take long. Soon enough, she was on her way back with the last rabbit in her jaws. He just barely smiled as she dropped it as his paws.

"Good?"

"Yes, very. Thank you very much." He replied.

"So... whats The Glade anyways? A group, correct?"

"It is the name for the lands within this valley. The wolves that reside here are a part of these lands, and my duty is to guard the entrance to make sure that those who wish to enter are safe and will not cause us harm. One can enter, I suppose, as a lone wolf with no responsibilities. But to be protected by the other pack members, to participate in hunts, among other benefits, you must formally join us. That is up to you. If you do wish to join, then your first step is to tell me your skills. Tell me which skills you possess, and which is your greatest. Then I shall test you on it, and send you on your way." He replied, it was a lot of words, but it was necessary.
avatar
Oromidail
Admin

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-06-28
Age : 20
Location : Working around the site

View user profile http://the-glade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlem: Quest Line 1- Arrival

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum